At Groomed for Excellency we like to acknowledge men and women that are making a difference in the community. This week Pastor of the Week is Pastor Roy C. Edge of Restoration Church of Pooler.
1. How long have you been a member?
I am the Founder of the organization.
2. What is your purpose or assignment in the body of Christ?
To provide a place of refuge for the broken!
3. How is your ministry impacting the community?
We have not officially launched yet and won't until August 7th, 2016. It is our goal to reveal Christ to all people and show them that he can take the broken pieces of our lives and mend them back together.
4. If the nine fruits of the spirit were on a tree (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control), what fruit would you say would easiest for you to reach?
I'd have to say JOY! I try to never have a bad day. I personally don't believe in bad days. I believe that even in bad situations, there is still some good somewhere! We just have to find it.
5.In your experiences with ministry, what word(s) would you have for someone who is still trying to find who they are in Christ?
Don't rush the process! Let God make you and shape you into who he has ordained you to be. That reduces inconsistency and creates certainty in who you are as a believer. People often make the mistake of trying to "fit in" and be like everyone else but God did not call is to fit in. He called us to be different. We are many members but one body and the sooner we identify our function within the body, the sooner we can contribute to the body.
6. There are people who are searching for a church home. How would you invite someone to your church?
Come join us at The Restoration Church of Pooler where we provide a place of refuge for the broken!